If you are interested in having a go at upcycling furniture, the Frosta stool is a great starter project! Here are some of the reasons why:
- It’s extremely affordable
- Whatever technique you have in mind, it will probably work for the Frosta stool – you can paint it, stain it, upholster it and more
- Use it to practice a technique before using it on a bigger project – and you can reuse the stool multiple times to try out different techniques, paint colours etc
- The simple design fit in with many different interior styles
- It’s functional and stacks
- It’s flexible – works as a side table or bedside table as well!
- If you don’t need a stool, you can easily find someone to give it to or sell it to once you’ve done your project – you might even make a profit!
There are lots of ideas online for “hacking” the Frosta stool, and turning it into items such as coat racks, wall shelves garden swings or even bikes. Though I think it’s just perfect as a stool.
Here are 4 different ways I’ve hacked my Frostas – with a weaved top, a handpainted design, stencilling and decoupage.
I’ll be adding more blog posts on the individual projects in the near future!